Sports & Running InjuriesOur skilled Podiatrists at Perform Podiatry can help keep you on the move, enjoying life, and performing at your best
SPORTS & RUNNING INJURIES
Is a foot, ankle, lower leg or knee injury getting in the way of you achieving your goals? At Perform Podiatry we have a special interest in treating musculoskeletal and sports injuries such as; tendonitis, heel pain, shin splints, arch pain, Achilles tendon condition and knee pain.
Whether your goal is to keep fit, be active with friends and family or run a marathon in less than three hours our Podiatrists can help.
CAUSES OF INJURIES
When you are involved in sport or high impact activities your body can be at risk of becoming injured. The main causes of sports & running injuries are:
- Overuse injuries; many foot, ankle and lower limb injuries are caused by overuse. When a repetitive mechanical stress is placed on a structure (muscle, tendon, ligament, bone) greater than it can handle the structure will become injured. This may occur due to poor postural alignment which places extra stress on the structure causing it to become injured
- Poor conditioning
- Doing too much too soon, not allowing the body enough time to recover
- Trauma; such as a sprained ankle
- Poor technique
TREATMENT OF INJURIES
We are committed to working with you to design a personalised treatment plan and get you back to training and competing at your best. We use our in-depth knowledge of foot, ankle and lower leg conditions as well as our understanding of movement and biomechanics (the forces that act on the body) to not only treat the condition but alter the forces that caused the injury to help prevent it from re-occurring. We set high standards for personalised treatment and frequently incorporate the following into our patients treatment plans:
- Footwear assessment to ensure the right footwear is being worn
- Orthotics to support the alignment of the foot and ankle using our highly accurate Delcam 3D scanner
- Foot and ankle mobilisation techniques to restore joint range of motion
- Massage and dry needling to treat muscle pain
- Supportive ankle braces
- CAM Walker Boots for a short period of time to immobilise the ankle and reduce inflammation
- Ultra-sound guided cortisone injections in more severe cases to reduce inflammation and pain when conservative therapy options have been exhausted
LOOKING FOR A TRULY PERSONALISED SOLUTION TO MEET YOUR NEEDS?
At Perform Podiatry, we always deliver a personalised service to ensure we meet the needs of each patient. Whether it is prescribing custom orthotics, treating musculoskeletal conditions or running injuries, your treatment plan will be individualised for you.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
FLEMINGTON PODIATRY FOOT CLINIC WITHIN A SHORT DISTANCE OF MOONEE PONDS & ESSENDON
Perform Podiatry is committed to delivering high quality podiatry health care to our patients. Our podiatrists achieve the best results by working with you to develop a tailored treatment plan that meets your needs and allows you to get back to living your life the way you want.