Corns and CallusesCorns and calluses can leave you with sore and uncomfortable feet. At Perform Podiatry we safely treat your feet and get you back on the move.
CORNS & CALLUSES
Corns and calluses are your bodies way of protecting your skin from friction and pressure.
CAUSES OF CORNS & CALLUSES
There are many different causes for corns and calluses:
- Tight fitting footwear that applies pressure to your feet
- Activity that causes repetitive friction or pressure on an area
- Foot deformity
- Arthritic changes to the shape and function of the foot
- Hammer toes
- Biomechanical (internal & external forces on the body) abnormalities that cause excessive friction or pressure on the feet when walking
- Skin conditions
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
If you have notice or experience any of the below you may be suffering from corns or calluses.
- Hard skin
- Sore areas of tough skin
- Waxy skin
- Dry skin
- Cracked heels
- Tough skin on bony prominence with a hard centre
Note: Corns can look similar in appearance to warts (Verruca Pedis)
The quickest, most effective and safest option to treat corns and calluses is to see a Podiatrist. There are many products that can be purchased from a chemist to manage corns and calluses but they are not safe for those with diabetes, nerve damage and poor circulation (peripheral arterial disease).
High standard of personal care. We are never satisfied unless you are.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
FLEMINGTON PODIATRY FOOT CLINIC WITHIN A SHORT DISTANCE OF MOONEE PONDS & ESSENDON
Perform Podiatry is committed to delivering high quality podiatry health care to our patients. Our podiatrists achieve the best results by working with you to develop a tailored treatment plan that meets your needs and allows you to get back to living your life the way you want.