Ingrown ToenailSimple and safe solutions to relieve your ingrown toenail pain.
Ingrown toenails are a painful condition that our podiatrists regularly treat. Often we are able to provide you with relief from the ingrown toenail within the first consultation and without requiring nail surgery.
CAUSES OF INGROWN TOENAILS
- Tight fitting shoes that do not provide enough width resulting in toenails being pushed into the skin
- Incorrect trimming of toenails
- Picking at toenails
- Trauma to the toes such as stubbing your toe or dropping a heavy object on them
- Fungal nail infections or psoriasis affecting the toenails which can cause the nails to become thickened or crumbly
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF INGROWN TOENAILS
- Redness, irritation, swelling or inflammation around the nail
- Nail cutting into the skin
- Pain around the edge of the nail
- Yellow discharge at inflamed area indicating a possible infection
TREATMENT FOR INGROWN TOENAILS
Most ingrown toenails can be comfortably treated by a podiatrist. If you believe you have an ingrown toenail, it is best to seek treatment from a podiatrist as soon as you start to experience discomfort. This will allow the toenail to be treated before it becomes more painful, infected and difficult to treat.
HELPING YOU ACHIEVE YOUR BEST RESULTS & KEEPING YOU ON THE MOVE
We listen to you, we work with you, and we design a treatment plan that meets your individual needs
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
FLEMINGTON PODIATRY FOOT CLINIC WITHIN A SHORT DISTANCE OF MOONEE PONDS & ESSENDON
Perform Podiatry is committed to delivering high quality podiatry health care to our patients. Our podiatrists achieve the best results by working with you to develop a tailored treatment plan that meets your needs and allows you to get back to living your life the way you want.